Video FAQs

There are time limits for making a claim for underpaid wages. In New York, you can generally go back for up to six years. Under federal law, you can go back up to two or even three years depending on certain factors. Basically if you’ve worked anywhere in the past six years where you feel that you’ve been underpaid it’s at least worth asking the question to see if you can, indeed, recover money to which you’re entitled. There’s certainly no requirement at all that you still be working at the job where you had this pay situation.

And, again, if it’s been anytime in the past six years, talk to a lawyer, see if there’s something that you can do about it because you deserve to be paid the wages that you’re entitled to.